Start African Print Online business in Nigeria with no money. To start an online ankara selling business in Nigeria is easier than you think. If you are a small business owner and you want to start an internet business then read this guide. The guide is especially useful if you are struggling to get started.
Building an internet business and making money online is more than choosing a brand name and starting to sell products online.
Many aspiring online small business owners often start without taking the first critical step of market research. They may not have the time or resources to do the necessary information they need.
Even the best business ideas can flop if you are not well informed. Growing an online business of any size is an investment so you need to treat it as such. Don’t operate off a hunch.
So, if your question is : how can I start online business in Nigeria? Then, you are in the right place to get the information about starting and growing an online African Print fabric business in Nigeria.
Whether you already have a physical store or if you don’t have the money to rent a shop. If you don’t want the hassles of having one. With an online business, you can reach more customers and sell at any time of the day.
This is the first in the series of articles put together for you as a guide and review of marketplaces in Nigeria. The information would help as you begin and would also help in ensuring that you have a successful online business journey.
What is a marketplace?
A marketplace is a third-party site that you can join and sell your products and services. It includes product listings of sellers across product categories.
That is, many sellers like yourself can upload pictures of their products and add clear descriptions about the products.
There are many advantages when it comes to selling in or through a marketplace.
Learn why many business owners use this option to start their online business journey.
Advantages of selling in a marketplace.
- When you start an online African Print business in a marketplace, it means that your business can be easily seen by millions of visitors who already make purchases there.
- These visitors often come back for more purchases because they are comfortable and are used to going there. They would make repeated visits instead of going somewhere else new to find products.
- People feel comfortable buying things from online businesses listed on well-established and highly trusted apps and websites.
- For anyone who wants to start selling ankara fabrics online with minimal capital. A marketplace is ideal because it is easy to get your products in front of potential customers at little cost.
Disadvantages of selling in a marketplace.
- Even though selling in a marketplace is an easy option, like everything else, it has its disadvantages.
- A downside to starting an online business in a marketplace is that competition is high. This is because there are multiple competing brands on the same site.
- While many customers would remember the marketplace and come again to make future purchases, they may not remember your brand the next time they visit.
- It may be difficult to build a customer base when starting an online business in a marketplace as there may never be direct interactions with your customers.
- When the competition is too high in your product category, you may not get easily seen by customers. This will affect the amount of sales that you’re able to achieve.
- In addition, it nay be difficult to make customers aware of your brand and to differentiate your business from your competitors.
- Competitors may target shoppers who visit your listings and place advertisements for their own products on your pages.
Before you give up on your dreams of starting an online African Prints business. Read this guide below.
An example of a marketplace in Nigeria where you can start an African Print Business Online is at JiJing.com.
The next section is a guide on how to use the platform to start your online business.
An example of how to sell on Jiji Nigeria marketplace.
What you need to know:
- It is free: there is no installation cost, no charges, no commissions or sign up fees.
- You need to download the app from the Google Play Store to your android smartphone.
- You need a reliable android smartphone with an internet connection because that is where all your transactions would be taking place.
- The installation is quick and effortless.
- The App has minimal adverts and pop-ups.
- In addition, the company promises safety and security, and advanced scammer monitoring system and support team.
- The App offers visibility for your business with over 10 million monthly visitors.
Five steps to start an online Ankara fabric business in Nigeria and its free.
- Download the free app.
- Enter the registration details – your login and password.
- You can register with your email account or your Facebook account.
- A confirmatory email will then be sent to your email. Update your account and set up your profile.
- After that, use your android smartphone to take clear and attractive pictures of your products.
- Ensure the lighting is good.
- After your product has been reviewed (usually around 10 – 15 mins), click the ‘sell’ button to create a new ad.
- Write a detailed description for eachproduct (minimum of 8 words).
- Choose a category that accurately fit each item and choose a region where you’re selling.
- Upload your products and publish you ad and you’re ready to start making sales.
Finally, I told you earlier not to give up considering the disadvantages of selling in a marketplace.
An advantage of selling on Jijing is that a customer interested in your product contacts you directly.
A prospective buyer clicks on ‘show contact’ and calls your phone.
You can then complete the transaction off the platform with the customer.
This means that if you sell on Jijing you can actually build an online customer base that will be useful when you have your own ecommerce platform.
Here at Barterng we can help by supporting you with comprehensive and reliable information. We also give advice and tools to help your online business journey. Contact us today if you want to launch your online business and start growing.